Dr. Jamie DougallChiropractic & Beyond
My philosophies and perspective have evolved through the years as a result of combining my formal chiropractic education with continued study in applied kinesiology and the athletic training principles I learned in my competitive lifting career. I very much enjoy challenging cases that require thinking outside the box and applying my unique skill set in to identify and resolve the root cause(s) of disease and dysfunction.
I believe that in order to produce long term results one must determine the functional status of every joint, muscle, ligament, as well as any fascial restrictions in the area(s) of concern. This is accomplished through quality muscle and orthopedic testing, as well as movement screening. Thorough examination, identification and correction will eliminate the vast majority of structural complaints; but sometimes we are also required to consider other potential factors such as dietary intake, meridians, lymphatic drainage, etc. to find the root cause(s) of pain/dysfunction. To my way of thinking if a patient returns repeatedly to a practitioner for the same issue, then some unknown factor has not been addressed.
How long you decide to benefit from care is always up to you. Proper communication is a crucial component of attaining desirable outcome(s). Clear identification of goals as well as honest feedback will allow for development and adherence to a specific, timely and measurable plan to achieve those objectives. I offer solid, evidence-based explanations of your condition and the methods necessary for resolution.
Doctorate of Chiropractic , BsC Human Biology, University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
- Professional Applied Kinesiologist
- Diplomate of Applied Kinesiology (In Progress)
- British Columbia College of Chiropractors
- British Columbia Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- International College of Applied Kinesiology
- Silver Medalist, Canadian Powerlifting Championships, 2004
- Bronze Medalist, Canadian Powerlifting Championships, 2003
- 4th place, Canadian Powerlifting Championships, 2000, 2005
- Coach, International Powerlifting Federation World Masters Championships, 2001, 2003